Our Veterinary Care Promise
Windermere Animal Hospital is proud to serve the Fishers area for everything pet-related. Our veterinary clinic and animal hospital is run by Dr. Roger Nix, a licensed, experienced Fishers veterinarian.
At our Fishers veterinary hospital, we treat every pet with the latest advances in veterinary technology, focusing on compassion and concern. Our team takes great joy in helping clients keep their pets healthy year-round with good nutrition, exercise, and education.
Since the beginning, we’ve been careful to hire only those who share our commitment to providing an exceptional client experience for every check-up, procedure, or surgery. As a result, we’ve created a warm, welcoming environment where our employees, clients, and animals always feel valued like family.
Complete Pet Services for Your Convenience
Our veterinary clinic offers a wide range of comprehensive medical services, including urgent and emergency care for unexpected situations. Windermere Animal Hospital office hours are Monday through Friday from 7 am until 6 pm. We’re also open on Saturdays for your convenience from 8 am to 12 pm.
Dr. Nix and our team handle dental work, dermatology, treatment of fleas, ticks, internal parasites, spay, and neuter procedures, pet ID microchipping, behavioral counseling, pet boarding, grooming, vaccinations, and wellness check-ups, including nose to tail physicals.
Frequently Asked Questions
What questions should I ask my veterinarian?
You should ask the veterinarian some important questions at your next appointment if you haven’t already. Some of these questions include:
- What diet do you recommend for my pet?
- How much exercise should my pet get?
- What are the most common diseases based on my pet’s breed/age?
- What blood tests should be done to help detect disease and at what age?
- How do I brush my pet’s teeth and how often do they need a professional cleaning?
- What expenses should I expect annually for a healthy pet?
If any other questions or concerns arise, you’re more than welcome to call our Fishers office at (317) 841-1846 and one of our knowledgeable team members will be happy to assist you.
What can I expect during my pet’s annual or biannual exam?
Your veterinarian should take the time to be thorough in this exam because it can reveal early problems that can be prevented. This exam will include:
- Checking the eyes, nose, and mouth
- Listening to the heart and lungs
- Feeling through the abdomen
- Examining the coat and skin, looking for lumps and bumps, and checking lymph nodes
- Conducting and orthopedic examination looking for any pain
- Looking for changes in temperature
- Checking the anal glands to see if they’re full
During these exams, the veterinarian will be focused on preventing future issues or problems that your pet may encounter. This includes weight, dental, coat, and other issues.
Experience Exceptional Pet Care
At our Fishers veterinary clinic, our team wants our clients to feel at home. We always go above and beyond to ensure that your pets get the best care possible while feeling comfortable and relaxed. To learn more about who we are or schedule an appointment, call our Fishers veterinary hospital at (317) 841-1846 or you can contact us through our online form.